School Social Work
What is our School Social Work Service?
Our School Social Work Service helps children and families cope with social and psychological problems that may arise at school, at home, or in the larger community.
We can provide your school with a qualified Social Worker who works with pupils to eliminate barriers to learning. The aim is to ensure that every child has the chance to fulfil their potential by reducing levels of education failure, ill health, substance misuse, teenage pregnancy, abuse and neglect, crime and anti-social behaviour.
The outstanding work of our skilled and experienced team of social workers has been transforming the lives of children and families for more than a decade.
Our School Social Work Service can make a valuable contribution to meeting the expectations of Ofsted in your school. We can help with:
- Personal development
- Managing behaviour
- Creative approaches to student well-being
- Meeting the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils
- Support and training for staff
Expert social work in your school
We can provide a qualified and experienced Social Worker to your school from one to five days a week depending on need and packages can be tailored to suit the needs of your school. We can support with issues like:
- Individual sessions for specific children
- Crisis support e.g. for bereavement
- Drop in sessions available for all pupils
- Advice with safeguarding matters
- Support to individual staff members
- Attending professionals meetings
- Group sessions for specific issues e.g. transition to secondary school, friendship issues
- Support to parents individually or as a group
We understand the many challenges schools are faced with when trying to reduce challenging behaviour in classrooms, supporting vulnerable children and improving outcomes for these children. The demands on school leadership teams have steadily increased and the pressures on them continue to grow. We work closely with your leadership and teaching staff teams to help build and empower their capacity, to realise the full potential of all the children in their schools.
We work with schools across the Midlands. If you'd like more information about our services and the support we may be able to provide to your school, then please email our Schools and Communities Manager Leroy Aitcheson, or call us on 0121 779 0891.