We work with RAAs across the country to provide placements for children where the adoption plan has been confirmed (Adoption Focus) and for children where the planning court process has not concluded (Triangle Project). We work particularly closely with local RAAs to enable children to be placed in the region, supporting local adopter recruitment campaigns, and developing support for both adopters and kinship carers.
Our Approved Adopters
Adoption Focus specialises in finding new families for children considered hardest to place – usually because of their age, because they have siblings, because of disability or due to ethnicity.
We attract adopters from all backgrounds with the unifying desire to parent adopted children – Alix, our dedicated Matching & Linking Officer would be delighted to talk to you about our approved adopters. You can contact Alix here.
Our fostering for adoption carers
Through the Triangle Project, we offer early permanence placements with our dual-approved carers. We are really keen to use these placements for a variety of children – particularly those who have been waiting longest for a new family, as well as sibling groups. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have children who could benefit from this flexibility.
We welcome enquiries from local authorities, schools and other partners interested in commissioning our services.
We have dedicated assessment and adoption support teams, plus staff with and experience in delivering an extensive range of therapeutic inventions and accredited training programmes including:
- SafeBase and Enhanced Adoptive Parenting
- Therapeutic Life Story Work
- Talking and Telling and Life Story Books
- Non-Violent Resistance
- Live and Remote Theraplay and DDP informed practice
- Range of workshops including: Understanding Challenging Behaviour, Teenage Behaviour, Adopting Siblings, Friends and Family, Adopted Children’s needs in the Classroom
- Social events and specialist groups including: Teens, Tweens, Fathers and Single Adopters.