Ofsted has rated our service as ‘Outstanding’ on each of the three occasions we have been inspected, most recently in 2018.
- "Adopters feel well prepared to look after their children. This is because staff work collaboratively with them throughout their assessment and post approval. Adopters value the individual relationships that they have with staff and the agency. They feel they receive excellent support at all stages of the process."
Ofsted commended adoption support
Our adoption support services have been particularly praised by Ofsted. Here are some extracts from our most recent inspection report:
- “There is an exceptional range of pre and post adoption training and workshops available to adopters through the agency’s ‘nurture the journey’ programme. This aims to build adopters’ knowledge, confidence and capacity to meet the developing needs of their children.”
- “Social work staff are highly skilled. They provide services to adopters and their families above and beyond what is normally expected. Theory is fully embedded in social work practice.”
- “Children are able to receive excellent therapeutic life-story work, which sensitively helps them to understand their backgrounds and past histories. As a result, children have their needs very well met by adopters, who understand how to parent children in a therapeutic way. This level of extensive adoption support offered is a strength of the agency.”
- “The ongoing support and training provided make this agency a leader in providing adoption and support services.”
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2018