We welcome enquiries from schools and other potential partners who are interested in commissioning our services.
“Time and time again my education was a vehicle to transmit a crucial message. ‘You are worthy of our love, care and expectations’. As a child who had been rejected and abused, humiliated and shamed, it was overwhelmingly invigorating to have an adult care enough to help me learn.”
- Collette Isabel Bentley, adopted at 10 years old after troubled years in fostering and residential homes
How we can help
Adoption Focus can deliver a presentation in school which aims to support adopted children and help them to cope with various situations. We provide an overview of attachment styles and how this translates into the classroom, as well as raising awareness of the needs of adopted children who may experience difficulties within school. We enable staff to understand the neuroscience related to adoption and how this impacts on a child’s emotional well-being, to help promote a positive relationship between adoptive parents and all teaching staff.
Why commission our services?
- To provide a brief overview of brain development and attachment styles and how this translates into the classroom
- To raise awareness of the needs of adopted children who may experience difficulties within school
- To share a guide that has been developed for staff in education who come into contact with adopted children and their families
- To help promote a positive relationship between adoptive parents and all teaching staff